Learn Korean Language Lesson 7 – Korean Question Word – Which
Continue from Learn Korean Language Lesson 6 – Korean Question Word – What, in Learn Korean Lesson 7 we will learn another Korean question word – 어느 [ eo-neu ]. It has the same usage as English question word – which. 어느 is use to form Korean interrogative sentence (question) too. Use it like English word – which to ask questions such as which country are you from? which university? which company you work at? etc, etc. Korean question word 어느 doesn’t same as 뭐.
Korean Question Word – Which
뭐 is always used together with 예요 to ask questions and is place at the end of the sentences. 어느 followed by a noun and goes at the beginning of the sentences and doesn’t used together with 예요. 어느 allows you to ask someone to specify which among a category or group of objects. 어느 can be used with nouns such as 나라 (country), 회사 (company), 학교 (school) to form questions like stated above.
- 어느 나라 사람이에요? [ eo-neu-na-ra-sa-ram-i-e-yo ] – Which country are you from?
- 어느 학교 학생이에요? [ eo-neu-hak-gyo-hak-saeng-i-e-yo ] – Which school are you from?
- 어느 회사 에서 일해요? [ eo-neu-hoe-sa-e-seo-il-hae-yo ] – Which company you work at?
- 어느 대학교 에서 공부해요? [ eo-neu-dae-hak-gyo-e-seo-gong-bu-hae-yo ] – Which university you study at?
학교 means school in Korean refer to primary and secondary school. For university, 대 is added in front of 학교, 대학교 means university. Curious about Educational System of Korea? The answer for Korean question word 어느 above can be normal sentences as below:
- 저는 한국 사람이에요. [ jo-neun-han-guk-sa-ram-i-e-yo ] – I am Korean.
- 저는 일본어학교 학생이에요. [ jo-neun-il-bon-eo-hak-gyo-hak-saeng-i-e-yo ] – I am Japanese school student.
- 저는 자동차회사 에서 일해요. [ jo-neun-ja-dong-cha-hoe-sa-e-seo-il-hae-yo ] – I work at a car company.
- 저는 한국대학교 에서 공부해요. [ jo-neun-han-guk-dae-hak-gyo-e-seo-gong-bu-hae-yo ] – I study at Korea university.
일해요 and 공부해요 are Korean verbs, 일해요 means work, 공부해요 means study, 에서 means at. We will learn this in the future, do Korean Language Exercises 2 and practice your Korean reading skills in Korean Reading Practice 3 – What is your name? Then, continue to Learn Korean Language Lesson 8 – Korean Question Word – What Kind Of.