Korean Language Reading Practice 2 – Yes or No
Continue from Korean Language Reading Practice 1 – Introducing Yourself, here we come to Korean Language Reading Practice 2 – Yes or No in order to improve your Korean pronunciation hence improve your Korean reading skills. Korean Language Reading Practice 2 related to Korean Basic Conversation, Korean Topic Marker and Sentence Endings Expressing Identification touches on Yes or No question and answer – dialogue between two person on asking and answering question.
Do you remember that in Comparison of Korean and English, Korean sentence structure order of questions and its answer are the same except that between questions and answer is questions are always end with a rising tone and declarative sentences end with a slightly falling tone. So, listen to the dialogue below and try to differentiate them. Korean Language Reading Practice is a short lesson. Hope you will like it.
Korean Language Reading Practice
크리스 : 앤디 씨는 회사원이에요?
앤디 : 아니요. 저는 의사예요. 크리스 씨는 선생님이에요?
크리스 : 네, 영어 선생님이에요.
Chris : Are you an office worker, Andy?
Andy : No, I am a medical doctor. Are you a teacher, Chris?
Chris : Yes, I am an English teacher.
- 회사원 [ hoe-sa-won ] – office worker
- 의사 [ ui-sa ] – medical doctor
- 선생님 [ seon-saeng-nim ] – teacher
- 영어 [ yeong-eo ] – English
- 회사원이에요? [ hoe-sa-won-i-e-yo ] – Are you an office worker?
- 선생님이에요? [ seon-saeng-nim-i-e-yo ] – Are you a teacher?
- 저는 의사예요. [ jeo-neun-ui-sa-ye-yo ] – I am a medical doctor.
- 영어 선생님이에요. [ yeong-eo-seon-saeng-nim-i-e-yo ] – I am an English teacher.