Korean Language Reading Practice 16 – I met Jeongmin yesterday
Continue from Korean Language Reading Practice 15 – How much are these apples? Here we come to Korean Language Reading Practice 16 – I met Jeongmin yesterday. What did you do yesterday? did you do anything special? In this Korean Language Reading Practice, you will learn some Korean vocabulary and Korean Expressions. This Korean language reading practice is related to Korean Past Tense, Korean Time and Korean Conjunction – And. In every Korean Language Reading Practice, we will learn new Korean vocabulary and Korean expression. You must read the Korean Language Reading Practice lessons as often as you can without help from anybody in order to improve your Korean quickly.
Korean Language Reading Practice
어제 정민 씨를 만났어요.
같이 시내에 갔어요. 서점에 가서 책을 샀어요.
그리고 극장에 갔어요.
극장에서 영화를 보고 식당에 갔어요.
식당에서 중국 음식을 먹었어요.
아홉 시 반에 집에 와서 샤워했어요.
텔레비전을 보고 열한 시에 잤어요.
I met Jeongmin yesterday.
We went downtown and bought (some) books at a bookstore.
Then we went to a movie theater.
We watched a movie at the theater and went to a restaurant.
We had Chinese foods at the restaurant.
I got home at 9:30 and took a shower.
I watched television and went to bed at 11:00.
- 어제 [ eo-je ] – yesterday
- 만나다 [ man-na-da ] – to meet
- 같이 [ ga-chi ] – together
- 시내 [ si-nae ] – downtown
- 서점 [ seo-jeom ] – bookstore
- 사다 [ sa-da ] – to buy
- 극장 [ geuk-jang ] – theater
- 영화 [ yeong-hwa ] – movie
- 식당 [ sik-dang ] – restaurant
- 중국 음식 [ jung-guk-eum-sik ] – Chinese food
- 샤워하다 [ sya-wo-ha-da ] – to take a shower
- 텔레비전 [ tel-le-bi-jeon ] – television
- 자다 [ ja-da ] – to sleep
- 어제 정민 씨를 만났어요. [ eo-je-jeong-min-ssi-reul-man-na-sseo-yo ] – I met Jeongmin yesterday.
- 같이 시내에 갔어요. 서점에 가서 책을 샀어요. [ ga-chi-si-nae-e-ga-sseo-yo. seo-jeom-e-ga-seo-chae-geul-sa-sseo-yo ] – We went downtown and bought (some) books at a bookstore.
- 그리고 극장에 갔어요. [ geu-ri-go-geuk-jang-e-ga-sseo-yo ] – Then we went to a movie theater.
- 극장에서 영화를 보고 식당에 갔어요. [ geuk-jang-e-seo-yeong-hwa-reul-bo-go-sik-dang-e-ga-sseo-yo ] – We watched a movie at the theater and went to a restaurant.
- 식당에서 중국 음식을 먹었어요. [ sik-dang-e-seo-jung-guk-eum-si-geul-meo-geo-sseo-yo ] – We had Chinese foods at the restaurant.
- 아홉 시 반에 집에 와서 샤워했어요. [ a-hop-si-ban-e-ji-be-wa-seo-sya-wo-hae-sseo-yo ] – I got home at 9:30 and took a shower.
- 텔레비전을 보고 열한 시에 잤어요. [ tel-le-bi-jeon-eul-bo-go-yeo-ran-si-e-ja-sseo-yo ] – I watched television and went to bed at 11:00.
Korean Conjunction – 서 is used when a subject performs two actions one after the other. It signifies that the second action occurs in connection with the first, but follows after it in time sequence. For Korean Verbs – 만나다, 사다, 샤워하다 and 자다, by adding appropriate Korean Informal Polite Sentence Endings and Korean Past Tense it will become 만났어요, 샀어요, 샤워했어요 and 잤어요 which are commonly used in everyday life (view Korean Sentence Ending Form). Have you learned something from the Korean Language Reading Practice above? Continue to Korean Language Reading Practice 17 – What did you do yesterday? Korean Language Reading Practice is a short lesson. Hope you will like it. Have a nice day.