Besides of Korean language exercises and revision, here we started our Korean Reading Practice 1 – Introducing Yourself in Emagasia helps to improve your Korean pronunciation hence improve your Korean reading skills. This Korean language reading practice is specially for you! Korean Language Reading Practice 1 related to Korean Basic Conversation, Korean Topic Marker and Sentence Endings Expressing Identification. This Korean Language Reading Practice 1 touches on introducing yourself and may act as an example for you in developing your own sentences while you introducing yourself to Koreans. How to introduce yourself in Korean by using Korean informal polite sentence ending form? This is just a simple introduction about your name, nationality, or your occupation. Let’s start in learning how to introduce yourself!
Korean Language Reading Practice
안녕하세요? 저는 마이클이에요.
미국 사람이에요. 제 고향은 시카고예요.
저는 학생이에요. 제 전공은 경제학 이에요.
Hello, I am Michael.
I am American. My hometown is Chicago.
I am a student. My major is Economics.
Nice to meet you.
- 고향 [ go-hyang ] – hometown
- 시카고 [ si-ka-go ] – Chicago
- 전공 [ jeon-gong ] – major
- 경제학 [ gyeong-je-hak ] – Economics
- 안녕하세요? [ an-nyeong-ha-se-yo ] – Hello?
- 저는 마이클이에요. [ jo-neun-ma-i-keul-i-e-yo ] – I am Michael.
- 미국 사람이에요. [ mi-guk-sa-ram-i-e-yo ] – I am American.
- 제 고향은 시카고예요. [ je-go-hyang-eun-si-ka-go-ye-yo ] – My hometown is Chicago.
- 저는 학생이에요. [ jo-neun-hak-saeng-i-e-yo ] – I am a student.
- 제 전공은 경제학 이에요. [ je-jeon-gong-eun-gyeong-je-hak-i-e-yo ] – My major is Economics.
- 만나서 반가워요. [ man-na-seo-ban-ga-wo-yo ] – Nice to meet you.
You may come from other countries, so you just need to change the name of the countries where you from. For examples, if you are from Korea, you just need to change the word – 시카고 to 한국, for the name of the countries, you may need to view: Korean Vocabulary – Countries. Michael introduce himself by first telling others his Korean names, his nationality, his hometown and his occupation (view Korean Vocabulary – Occupations). This is a nice example when you introduce yourself to Korean and in the end, add 만나서 반가워요 to show politeness. This expression is used to a person at a first meeting, 반가워요 delivers the same meaning. Korean Language Reading Practice is a short lesson. Hope you will like it. Continue to Korean Language Reading Practice 2 – Yes/No.