Korea: The 2010 Jeju International Bicycle Challenge in late March
The National Bike Association under the ‘National Council of Sports for All’ (President, Yu Chun Jae) presents the ‘2010 Jeju International Bike Challenge’ on the sub-tropical island of Jeju, South Korea from March 27th to 28th.
Participants will race along the 200㎞ coastal road that winds along the edge of this beautiful volcanic island. The racing course for the competition is the best of its kind, encompassing the coastal road of Jeju and the Hallasan Mountain path located 1100ｍ above sea level. The 2010 Jeju International Bike Challenge is the ultimate competition, providing participants with a chance not only to push personal limits while racing along the 200㎞ course, but also to enjoy the scenic beauty of Jeju Island.
There are a number of attractions for cyclists to enjoy during their ride, the biggest one being the ‘Jeju Olle,’ a walking path that weaves through farmlands, coastal regions, and areas filled with volcanic cones. Those interested in participating in the event are asked to contact the appropriate agency, as listed below.
Venue: Various Locations throughout Jeju Special Self-governing Province
● Mar. 27th Jeju Island Coastal Road Race: MTB, Cycle, Mini Velo
● Mar. 28th Mt. Halla Hill Climbing: MTB, Cycle, Mini Velo
● Both races start from the Jeju Sports Complex
● The Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, Korea Council of Sports for All
● Sports for All: The National Bicycle Association, Sports for All: Jeju Bicycle Association
● Korea Tourism Organization, Korea Sports Promotion Foundation, SBS, Arirang TV, Other Media Corporations
● 30,000 KRW per event
For Invited Overseas Participants:
● Room and board will be subsidized. Airfare cannot be provided.
Benefits for participants: Insurance, Lunch, Souvenirs, Medals for finishers, Certificate
To Apply: Download and fill in the application form at the bottom of the page and send via email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
– Homepage: http://bikelife.or.kr (Korean only)
– Email: email@example.com – Tel: 02)420-5430 (Korean only. If you are not a Korean speaker, please contact
one of the travel agencies listed below)
– Fax: 02)420-5431
|2010 Jeju International Bike Challenge Package Inquiry|
|* Participants are not eligible to win prizes in multiple categories.|
Credit: Korea Tourism Organization